Hi internet! My name’s Abigail, and I’m a 15-year-old sophomore in high school. I absolutely love reading (no shit, Sherlock!), but I also daydream about traveling, shop for clothes I’m too broke to buy, and come up with witty comebacks two days after I needed them. Feel free to contact me on Twitter or at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- According to the Myers-Briggs test, I’m a mediator (INFP-A).
- The almighty Pottermore quizzes sorted me as a Hufflepuff & Thunderbird with a dolphin patronus. Also, for anyone true Potterheads out there, my wand is 12 ¾” and made of silver lime wood, with a phoenix feather core and a slightly yielding flexibility. (Those Pottermore quizzes really are amazing!)
- My dream is to be a writer, editor, book publicist and therapist who also travels (don’t ask me how I’m going to combine all of that into one career.)
Current Obsessions: (other than books — I’m always obsessed with books!)
- Hamilton — I’ve gotten Angelica Schuyler on two different quizzes, so basically, I am the reincarnation of the most badass girl in Hamilton. #goals
- Steven Universe — according to The Geekiary, I’m Steven! Although my favorite of the Crystal Gems, not including Steven, is definitely Amethyst (partly because my room looks just like hers).
- Gravity Falls — Buzzfeed says I’m Wendy, which actually makes me so happy. That is all.
- Marvel TV shows — especially Agent Carter and Daredevil.
- Hogwarts is Here — you can take actual Hogwarts classes! Like, how cool is that?
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver — a.k.a. the only late night show I ever watch.
- Benedict Cumberbatch — a.k.a. the only celebrity I’ve ever stalked. (Oops.)
- Sherlock — one of the greatest TV shows ever! Mostly because of Moriarty’s faces and Johnlock, though.
- Yuri!!!! On Ice — does anyone else want to wait with me until Victuri gets married? Also, according to Buzzfeed again (I’m a little addicted to their quizzes), I’m Kenjirou Minami, which is actually too accurate because his reactions are literally me!
This blog has been a long, long time coming. I’ve previously had 3 (ish?) book blogs, but I kept getting burned out and stopping within a few months, due to several personal reasons. However, now I’m determined to make this one last! I post lots of bookish things here, although I also occasionally branch out to cover other things that matter to me: mental illness, anime, feminism — anything and everything!
P.S. I know my blog is really new itself, but if anyone wants to come co-blog with me, I’m totally open to that! It’s all about having fun — together! I won’t be actively looking for a co-blogger, but if you want to try co-blogging out, just ask me. Again, my email is email@example.com. And it’s totally fine if you can only commit to co-blogging for a few months, or if you want to use my blog as a “trial” period to see if you’d like to start your own blog. Honestly, I myself would have been grateful for an opportunity like that when I first started blogging. So let me know if you’re interested! I promise I only bite on Mondays.
P.P.S. Wow, my Hufflepuff-ness and let’s-accept-everyone attitude is only showing a little bit. #hufflepuffpride #everydayimhuffling